Campaign Tools for Bar Association Members
We are asking leaders in every voluntary bar association across California to help carry the Campaign for Justice message - the need to increase resources for legal aid in order to ensure equal access to justice for all - to all members of their bar association. The Campaign for Justice encourages California attorneys to choose justice by declaring their support online and giving to the statewide Justice Gap Fund, which distributes 100 percent of donations to qualified legal aid programs, and encourages lawyers to continue to support their local legal aid organization both financially and through pro bono services.
Here are a few tools to help your bar association join the Campaign for Justice:
- Bar leader memo: Draft a letter to your bar association leaders explaining how they can support the Campaign for Justice.
- Bar Association Challenge: Introduce a friendly competition with neighboring bar associations to gather support for the Campaign for Justice.
- Sample resolution: Present a resolution to your bar association's Board of Directors to declare support for the Campaign for Justice.
- Pro bono outreach: Organize a promotional event to showcase and encourage pro bono work, but don't forget to let us know so we can feature you in Campaign in Action!
- Cy pres toolkit ( 979 KB): Support legal services by designating the Justice Gap Fund or any one of the 97 nonprofit legal aid organizations in California as the recipient of your next cy pres or residual fund award.
- Campaign for Justice logos: Download various versions of the Campaign for Justice logo to include in publications, correspondence, and on your website.
- Campaign for Justice postcard ( 147 KB): Distribute the postcard at events, trainings, or around the office. Simply download and print the pdf file double-sided on 4x6 paper, or request pre-printed postcards at CAforJustice@calbar.ca.gov.
- Campaign for Justice pledge card ( 63 KB): Promote participation in the Campaign for Justice by collecting pledges for donations, pro bono work, and support.
- Campaign for Justice fact sheet: Present a succinct explanation about the Campaign for Justice with this fact sheet.
- Gold in the scales of justice ( 791 KB): Publish a pre-drafted article in your bar association's monthly newsletter or magazine. Contact us for more details.
Since the launch of the Campaign for Justice in 2011, numerous voluntary bar associations have joined the Campaign for Justice by declaring October as Campaign for Justice Month and demonstrating their support for equal access to justice for all Californians through resolutions passed by their Board of Directors. A huge THANK YOU to these bar associations for bringing us closer to our goal of securing access to justice for everyone:
- Alameda County Bar Association
Resolution adopted August 31, 2012
- Bar Association of San Francisco
Resolution adopted September 19, 2012
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
Resolution adopted September 10, 2014
- Fresno County Bar Association
Resolution adopted September 12, 2012
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
Resolution adopted September 25, 2013
- Marin County Bar Association
Resolution adopted April 12, 2012
- Orange County Bar Association
Resolution adopted September 26, 2012
- Riverside County Bar Association
Resolution adopted April 10, 2012
- Sacramento County Bar Association
Resolution adopted September 20, 2012
- San Diego County Bar Association
Resolution adopted September 11, 2012
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association
Resolution adopted October 19, 2011
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
Resolution adopted October 6, 2011
Please contact us for more information about how your bar association can support the Campaign for Justice.